1/28/09

The flu. Yumminess. That's what I have been dealing with all night. No me, but my oldest. He was barfing up a storm last night. Why does child sickness always need to include throw up in the middle of the night? Never during the day, unless it's spawned from a late night of spewing. {sigh}
So needless to say, I did not go work out this morning, nor will I be going in the afternoon. I need to recover some lost sleep. You know you're not supposed to operate heavy machinery on 2 hours of sleep, right?
What I did instead:
  • Took O to his 1-year physical (yeah, I can't believe it either!). Turns out that the doctor's office is within walking distance. So we did. Well, he rode in a stroller, I walked.
  • Ran down the hill, ran back up the hill (much slower, but I'm proud that I was able to!). There is a nice slope of hill that I live on the top of. And we have quite a few things we are in walking distance of.

Today was a good lesson for me that even though you can't get to the gym to work out, there are several opportunities throughout your day that you can take advantage of. Instead of driving the (seriously) .2 miles to the doctor's office, I decided to run/walk there with baby in tow. So I saved gas and lost calories! Go me :)

So, what can YOU do to give yourself a little extra push? Sit-ups during commercials? Running in the backyard with your kids? Walking/riding a bike to work? Give yourself little goals to accomplish, little milestones to surpass. You will feel better in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment