1/27/09

So since I only did two workouts last week (I've committed to at least three a week), today (Monday) is my final workout for last week. I told you I was screwed up by the Holiday! It's also my last workout for the cardio portion of my program. Woo Hoo!
Ha ha, I woo hoo'ed too soon...
It took me FOREVER to get out of the house. For. ev er! I dodn't leave until around 11am, and the kids were cranky and a little clingy. Well, a lot clingy. My initial response was to stay with them and hang out at the playground, but the little Jillian Michaels in me told me to get my butt movin'! So I dropped them off at the child care center, sad and all. Let me tell you, big L is NEVER sad to go there. He loves playing on their playground, the blocks, all the toys, and he even likes sneaking snacks with little O. So I was very surprised when he was literally crying as I was leaving. And even after many distractions and love by the child care staff, there was no consoling him. And since L was crying, O had to chime in, too.
After 2 minutes of elliptical, I was interrupted by a member of the staff coming to get me to take care of my kids. Grrr. (Not upset that I had to take care of them, but a little frustrated that I had to stop my barely started workout)
I am SO lucky that Bryan works there. So lucky. I count my blessings every day. Seriously, his job there has been such a huge blessing in so many ways.
He was able to watch them for the 25 minutes that I wanted to work out. The best part was that he and his boss (we are good friends with he and his wife) both got to go out to this little playground and play with them. You guys are SO awesome!

So here's what I did:
  • Elliptical- 20 minutes. It was awesome! I broke out in a great sweat (and I hate to sweat), and even got to finish an episode of 'Designed to Sell' on HGTV (there are TV screens hooked up to each elliptical).
  • Bike- 10 minutes. Can you tell that I like the bike? I want to do a spinning class after this program. Looking forward to it!

Wednesday will be interesting. O has a doctor's appointment (check up) and both kids will be ready for naps after that. But I will be ready to work out. So hopefully they will be willing to play at the Y for a few minutes before nap time!

No comments:

Post a Comment