1/29/09

WHY DO I EXERCISE??? WHAT IS THE MOTIVATION BEHIND MY GOALS???
I've thought a lot about these questions lately. I exercise for me. And I want my husband to say I'm hot. I mean, he already does, but I want to feel that way when he tells me. I also exercise because working out -and the goals I make- are the very few things I am in control of at this time in my life. It's all up to me. If I fail, I have no one else as a scapegoat. On the flipside, when I succeed and make a goal, I have myself to be proud of.
There are things that happen to all of us that we have no control over: the choices of others that directly affect you (I.E. hit & run drunk driver, neighbors doing/saying rude things, friends letting you down, your judicial and legislative system taking advantage of you). But how one chooses to invest in their health is their choice alone.
More of the same today. But I've found that after yesterday (@ home with a couple of sickies), I really miss it when I get off my routine.
I'm technically supposed to already be in the weights phase of my training, but there were no open appointments until next week, so cardio it is for a few more times!

Anyway...

  • Treadmill- 15 minutes. Can you believe it? I'm not sure I can! I guess I was really wrapped up on the new bill coming to pass (you know about the 9823123645 gazillion dollar infusion into the economy that won't even go to people like you and me so it's a stupid thing to think it will do anything immediately like politicians are trying to dupe us into believing. But let's not get political here...). It was nice getting so upset at what is going on, and directing my frustrations out on the treadmill. My body is gonna suffer a little for it tomorrow :)
  • Bike- 10 minutes. I am not surprised at this one at all, and neither should you be. Turns out I love the bike. I could be on it for 30 minutes and still love it. But I am still trying to mix it up (lol, not really) a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Sarah! take control. I know that you can do it. we should meet together halfway and go on a walk/run together! how does that sound to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! You go girl, I a starting this week a specail base program and i am very excited! I am so excited fo you! you do it for you! you go girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! I am starting my Medifast diet this week (which has really helped me break my bad eating habits- but it's much easier for me, as a single woman to do) and working out! Yesterday, we had a break in the rain and I made a 35 minue walk/run/yoga session with my dog my first thing in the morning. For me, time of day plays a big part in working out. If I do it in the morning, I'm more concious of the healthy choices I make during the day and I feel better about things in general. :) It's like starting the day with less stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey how have you been doing the past 2 weeks? Keep going you can do it! if you need motavation go to fredricks and buy something you have to fit to wear! lol Something a little smaller than now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKay you ! Get to it! You havent blogged about working out at all in awhile! Get to it! And if you havent gone to the gym, simple GO! Just so you can blog! I love you

    ReplyDelete