1/20/09

So, the Y (and I'm not talking about BYU) was closed for the holidays (MLK Jr Day) and I wasn't aware of that until the actual day. I'm not sure why I didn't think of it earlier... anyway, it pretty much messed up my groove for the whole week! I was off an entire day.
Regardless, I ended up going today (Tuesday), and did ALL cardio. I am beginning to realize why I don't like working out so much. I think cardio is just so dang BORING. I mean, I really enjoy the bike, but treadmill? Where are you running to? And the elliptical machine? You are climbing and climbing and there. is. no. end. in. SIGHT.
Anyway, despite my disdain for cardiovascular exercise, I signed up for this program, and cardio is for the first two weeks. I am still accountable for my body, and I want to look rockin'. So I have to put in the work.
Going back to work out after a long weekend is really rough. I don't recommend it. I mean to say, I DO NOT recommend taking a long weekend unless you are out for surgery or having a baby. haha Unless you are extremely motivated (as I am) then it is so much easier to say "I'll do it tomorrow" for another day, until you find yourself out of a routine. Yeah, not good. So stick to it! Make yourself a schedule and follow it. Even 20 minutes is better than none.
I digress. Sort of! Tuesday, I did the following:
  • Bike- 15 minutes
  • Treadmill- 10 minutes
  • Rowing machine- 5 minutes

People are saying I'm already looking good. That's good to know! I myself haven't seen any progress (because everyone knows how much MORE you scrutinize yourself over other people doing it), but it's really motivating to hear compliments from others. Thanks, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment