1/22/09

Today didn't have very much time. I was lucky to have Bryan at home watching the kids, so I didn't need to use my day care credits (if you are planning to use YMCA for your gym and you have kids, they have an awesome day care center where you pre pay for several hours/days of child care. I'm not sure if this is normal protocal at other places. I'm still new to this!). Thanks honey! Anyway, because he has such a tight schedule, I only had about an hour and 15 minutes, travel time included. So, 25 minutes to get to Encinitas (including parking, walking into facility, etc), and 25 to get back equals a short workout. SHORT!

So I busted it out in 20 minutes. And I did what I know best. Boring bike and treadmill. But I knew that these two machines would give me the best workout for my time because I wouldn't have to mess around with buttons/straps/programs/etc.
  • Bike-15 minutes. I warmed up, then did fast bursts for almost the entire time.
  • Treadmill- 8 minutes. Pretty much did the same thing.

So, I think I spoke a little too soon last time when I said I didn't like cardio. I may not like it as much as lifting weights (which I really do like, incidentally), but this time I really got into it. I was able to get out all my stresses, frustrations, and anxieties about life. It was great. It was my time. It was actually very nourishing, relaxing, and cathartic. Hopefully from here on out it will be this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment